|Full Time||6 months|
|Part Time||12 months|
|Campus||Level 16, 233 Castlereagh Street, Sydney 2000|
|Outcome||Diploma of Business (DipBus)|
Diploma of Business
Polytechnic Institute Australia
Diploma of Business
About Diploma of Business
The Diploma of Business opens the door to job opportunities in a wide range of businesses and further study, all around the world.
Graduates with a Diploma of Business are ready for business and on a path to rewarding professional careers.
Young people with Business qualifications get work in almost every industry, improving the businesses and advancing their own careers.
Graduates can gain employment in accounting practices, medium and large corporations, the public sector and not-for-profit organisations. The course opens the way for employment in:
The Diploma of Business is accredited by the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency and included in the National Register of Higher Education Institutions and Courses.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Knowledge of the theories, concepts, and principles of a range of business-related fields and disciplines including accounting, marketing, management, sales, business law, and economics; and
- Knowledge and awareness of business practice, and industry standards and expectations.
- Cognitive skills to analyse and evaluate information, concepts and evidence from a range of business and academic sources;
- Cognitive and technical skills to present reasoned arguments and analysis of key business and technical data; and
- Communication skills to present clear information in professional business and academic formats.
Knowledge and Skills
- Through the practice of technical functions, effective planning, and decision making within a business environment;
- Through the identification and evaluation of effective professional business practice; and
- With responsibility and accountability for their own professional practice, and in collaboration with others within a business environment.
|UNIT CODE||UNIT NAME||PRE-REQUISITES|
|Term 1||ACC100||Principles of Accounting|
|ICT100||Information Management Systems|
|STT100||Statistics for Business|
|GBU100||Professional Business Communication|
|Term 2||MGT100||Introduction to Management|
|ECO100||Economics for Business|
In order to obtain a Diploma of Business all candidates are required to successfully complete all 8 units. Not all units are offered each semester.
International Student Duration
The CRICOS-registered duration is 1 year of full-time study (2 trimesters). The part time mode is not available to holders of a student visa who are not a citizen of Australia or New Zealand, or who are not an Australian permanent resident, or who are a temporary resident of Australia.
Domestic Student Duration
For domestic students the course is 2 trimesters full-time and 4 trimesters part-time
Face-to-face on campus.
Quizzes, practical exercises, case studies, presentations, reports, essay and exams.
- Completion of Year 12, or equivalent, with a minimum ATAR of 55; or
- An equivalent secondary qualification overseas; or
- An accredited Tertiary Preparation Program or a Foundation Year Program offered by an Australian university; or
- One year of accredited full-time study at a registered institution of tertiary education at AQF level 4 or above; or
- Admission to candidature for an undergraduate degree at an Australian University.
If the qualifications are for the completion of a course in a language other than English, the Institute requires that the applicant must supply one of the following qualifications as a condition for admission:
- IELTS (Academic Module): Overall score (no band less than) 6.0 (6.0); or
- TOEFL: internet (no section score less than) 80 (20); or
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): Overall score (no section score less than): 57 (50); or
- University of Cambridge – Advanced (CAE): Total score of 52.