|Full Time||3 years|
|Part Time||6 years (Domestic students only – see below)|
|Campus||Level 16, 233 Castlereagh Street, Sydney 2000|
|IELTS||6.0 overall with no band less than 6.0|
|Outcome||Bachelor of Business (Marketing) (BBus(Mkt))|
Bachelor of Business (Marketing)
Bachelor of Business (Marketing) 093090A
About Bachelor of Business (Marketing)
The Bachelor of Business is the generalist degree of our age, opening job opportunities in a wide range of businesses, all around the world.
Graduates with a Bachelor of Business (Marketing) are ready for many different positions in business. The degree gives you the business skills to engage and influence clients, develop brand loyalty, understand and operate in the contemporary communications landscape, and execute strategic marketing campaigns.
Graduates will be prepared for success in contemporary organisations and prepared to take on the industry’s trends, responsibilities, needs and opportunities.
Young people with business degrees get work in almost every industry, improving businesses and advancing their own careers.
Graduates can gain employment in accounting practices, medium and large corporations, the public sector and NGOs (non-government organisations).
The Bachelor of Business (Marketing) prepares you for employment in:
- International Marketing
- Consumer and Marketing Research
- Marketing Strategy
The Bachelor of Business (Marketing) is accredited by the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency:
Course Learning Outcomes
Having successfully completed the Bachelor of Networking and Telecommunications, you should be able to:
- Critically analyse relevant concepts so as to understand how the practice of business and related professions in the global marketplace
- Demonstrate interrelationships between business and related disciplines
- Locate and critically evaluate relevant data and literature to address business problems via a research approach
- Apply critical and creative thinking to address issues in business
- Convey information clearly and fluently in high-quality written and oral form appropriate to the intended audience
- Demonstrate and critically reflect on how individuals work in teams in a business environment in an inclusive manner
- Critically analyse business decisions in terms of ethical practice and social responsibility
- Develop an understanding of the drivers of purchase decision making
- Appreciate the need to take into consideration the impact of proposed actions on all involved stakeholders and not only on shareholders
- Apply technical and professional skills necessary to operate effectively in business and related
|ACC100||Principles of Accounting|
|ICT100||Information Management Systems||ACC100 Principles of Accounting|
|STT100||Statistics for Business|
|GBU100||Professional Business Communication|
|MGT100||Introduction to Management|
|ECO100||Economics for Business|
|FIN200||Business Finance||ACC100 Principles of Accounting
STT100 Statistics for Business
|MKT202||Researching the Market||MKT100 Marketing Practice
STT100 Statistics for Business
|MKT200||The Behaviour of Consumers||MKT 100 Marketing Practice|
|ACC203||Management Accounting||ACC100 Principles of Accounting
ICT100 Information Management Systems
|MKT201||Marketing Services||MKT 100 Marketing Practice|
|GBU200||Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility|
|MGT200||Organisational Behaviour||MGT100 Introduction to Management|
|MGT201||Strategic Management||MGT100 Introduction to Management|
|MKT300||Communicating with the Marketplace||MKT 100 Marketing Practice|
|MGT301||Leadership||MGT100 Introduction to Management|
|MGT300||Managing Organisational Change||MGT100 Introduction to Management|
|MKT301||Marketing to Business||MKT 100 Marketing Practice|
|MKT302||e-business Marketing||MKT 100 Marketing Practice|
|MKT303||International Marketing||MKT 100 Marketing Practice|
|MGT303||Leadership||MGT100 Introduction to Management|
|MKT304||Marketing Capstone||MGT100 Introduction to Management
MKT201 Researching the Market
To obtain a Bachelor of Business (Marketing), candidates are required to successfully complete all 24 units. Not all units are offered each semester. If you complete the 8 100 level units with the Institute (either at the Institute or with Advanced Standing that does not exceed 4 of the 100 level units), you will be eligible to obtain a Diploma of Business.
International Student Duration
The CRICOS-registered duration is 156 weeks or 3 years of full-time study (6 semesters). Please note the part time mode is not available to a holder of a student visa, who is not a citizen of Australia or New Zealand, or who is not an Australian permanent resident, or who is a temporary resident of Australia.
Domestic Student Duration
For domestic students the course is 3 years full-time or 6 years part-time.
Face-to-face on campus.
The Institute uses authentic assessment principles that may include practical exercises, case studies, presentations, reports, online simulations, essays, and examinations. These may include being done under invigilation.
- Completion of Year 12, or equivalent, with a minimum ATAR of 60 AND
- NSW (or equivalent) Band 4 Standard English; and
- NSW (or equivalent) Band 3 Advanced Mathematics; or
- NSW (or equivalent) Band 4 Standard 2 Mathematics.; or
- An equivalent secondary qualification overseas that also meets the mathematics requirement above; or
- An accredited Tertiary Preparation Program or a Foundation Year Program offered by an accredited Australian provider that also meets the mathematics requirement above; or
- One year of completed accredited full-time study at a registered institution of tertiary education at AQF level 5 or above that also meets the mathematics requirement above.
The Institute requires that the applicant must supply one of the following qualifications as a condition for admission:
- IELTS (Academic Module): Overall score 6.0 with no band less than 6.0; or
- TOEFL: internet 80, with no section scoring less than 20; or
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): Overall score of 57, with no section scoring less than 50; or
- University of Cambridge – Advanced (CAE): Total score of 52.
The date of application for admission must not be 2 or more years from the date of the test result. If the applicant has undertaken multiple tests, then the most recent test will be the only result considered.