Polytechnic Institute Australia seeks to be a superior higher education institution. The Institute is committed to providing high quality, student-focused higher education programs, initially by offering bachelor programs in Business, Accounting, Marketing and Telecommunications. The Institute seeks to equip its students with a well-founded and comprehensive knowledge base and a set of analytical skills that prepare them for ethical and productive professional careers.
To achieve these goals, the Institute shall perform the following functions:
- Confer degrees and award diplomas, certificates and other awards to qualified students in accordance with its rules and regulations;
- Provide facilities for teaching and learning of a standard appropriate to allow the delivery of superior higher education courses;
- Promote free intellectual inquiry and research among its teachers and students;
- Provide courses of study or instruction in a range of fields, to meet the needs of the community while paying particular attention to new and emerging fields of study;
- Actively pursue collaborative relationships with other institutions of higher learning nationally and internationally for the benefit of its students;
- Develop governance and procedural rules, admission policies, financial arrangements and quality assurance processes that are underpinned by the values and goals that ensure the integrity and quality of the Institution’s academic programs; and perform such other related activities as may be directed by the Board in accordance with the Constitution to promote the academic objectives of the Institute.
- Polytechnic Institute Australia will revise its mission statement as deemed appropriate by the Board of Directors (“the Board”) to ensure that the Institute’s educational focus will be maintained and are endorsed by its broader stakeholders including students, alumni, industry partners and professional institutions.